Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Week 1 of Module 2: Legacy of the Second World War

We've started the course properly now and so I am glad to see that most of you are getting down to reading through the Unit contents and assigned readings. Sean has another good end of induction post on his blog. He's made a quick start on Legacy of the Second World War and has posted some of his observations already. I am looking forward to our discussion. I've some points of my own to pass on:

  1. As a general point I expect that in the first week of each Unit most of your efforts will be focussed on doing the readings. There haven't been many posts in the unit discussion forum which is what I would expect at this time. As we get to the end of the week when the specialized students have made their contribution and into next week I expect that efforts will shift from individual self-study to group discussion. That's the plan anyway. In short, you should all be reading right now.
  2. Reading Sean's post and more exactly the comments reminds me that it is a good idea to review the comments section of your blog once in a while. 'Spam' comments offering, inter alia, services for the enlargement of parts of one's anatomy creep in there rather like your email inbox. The blog owner can delete them easily.
  3. Over the last few weeks I have noticed the number of subscribers to my blog has been going up slowly. Currently there are thirteen which would suggest that while most of the group have figured out how to aggregate the blogs in our group a few have not. Go back to the Induction and review how it is done. It's really very simple and it is the easiest way by far to keep track of activity as you can see at a glance the blogs which have had content added and can scan them quickly and therefore need not review each individually.

That's all for now.

No comments: